| Aktiv Capital chasing 11 year old debt |
| I'm just wondering what I can do about this? I received a letter from Aktiv Capital today telling me I owe £xxx. I didn't recognise the name of the original creditor, and after speaking to them I found out it was from a store card that I got in 1997. I have made no payments for at least 9 years. This is the first letter I have had about this debt in about 8 years. However, they told me the last letter was sent to me in August 2007. I cannot remember receiving this, and I certainly made no payments/acknowledged debt. I was under the impression that this would be statute barred as it is well over 6 years old. However, Aktiv Capital maintain it's not and they will persue the debt anyway. Can they do this? Any help would be appreciated. clemma View Public Profile Send a private message to clemma Find More Posts by clemma 12th December 2008, 16:39 # 2 ( permalink ) cerberusalert Gold Account Customer Watch out, there are Claims Touts about! Search the Web here for your Christmas gifts. It helps us to pay our way. If we have helped you, please help us. Click here. Join Date: May 2007 I am in: South of Muckle Flugga Posts: 539 Re: Aktiv Capital chasing 11 year old debt Even if they had sent you a letter in August 2007 it was & still is statute barred. What these muppets fail to realise is that the onus is on them to prove the debt exists....I'll rephrase that....they have to prove that it is enforcable....they can't unless you have paid anything or agreed in writing to within the last six years. Personally I would write them a letter reminding them that it is statute barred! cerberusalert View Public Profile Send a private message to cerberusalert Find More Posts by cerberusalert 12th December 2008, 16:41 # 3 ( permalink ) palomino Platinum Account Customer Watch out, there are Claims Touts about! Search the Web here for your Christmas gifts. It helps us to pay our way. If we have helped you, please help us. Click here. Join Date: Jun 2008 I am in: Wiltshire Posts: 1,408 Re: Aktiv Capital chasing 11 year old debt If what you say is true then it is very much statute-barred. It is irrelevant when they wrote to you. It is what you have done that matters. And if you haven't done anything then that is what does matter. Tell them to go away - in words of your own choosing. palomino View Public Profile Send a private message to palomino |
| |
Useful Links
Latest Solder Free Mod Chips !
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
Aktiv Capital chasing 11 year old debt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment